Friday, October 22, 2010

A Daily Page Goal


I've decided to try something that I've left by the wayside for about five years now (if time went any faster I think it would cease to exist altogether). A Daily Page Goal towards the completion of my manuscript. Seems silly that I have to tell myself to do that, but planning a wedding and taking a full course load leaves me want for time. A page goal is exactly what Daniel needs to get across the finish line. I was going to go with ten pages a day single spaced, but rushing through the end of the project is NOT the point of a page goal. Rather, the point of the goal is to get you pumped!!! So, I'm thinking five pages, single spaced, with at least an hour set aside to do it per day. Being familiar with the monster that is inspiration, I don't expect to always succeed. Writing five passable-first-draft-pages and writing five-completely-forced-pages are on the opposite sides of the spectrum.

No comments:

Post a Comment