Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Vent-o-tron

I'm a little angry right now. Justifiably? I'm not sure, but that doesn't make me any less angry. I worked as a tutor for one full semester. I never called out sick, I was never late, and I always took what ever client my boss sent my way. I thought I was professional and respectful with my resignation, and my boss seemed fine with it.

And then I ask her for a reference, and she says she's not comfortable giving me one because of the way I left so suddenly...WHAT?! I'm a people pleaser, plain and simple, especially towards authority figures. Her words bruised my ego. I hope they aren't true.

Moving on to Bellamy-type things. As soon as I'm finished posting this blog, I'm going to get to work on a new scene. I have a quota I want to meet (10 pages a day max, 5 min). This quota will hopefully help me hit over 200 pages before I get back to school. I have so many scenes and details in my head, I feel like it might spontaneously combust. It isn't about the page count, though it might sound that way. What it's about is motivation. Hey, maybe I wont get to 200 pages at all, but I want to have said that I was at my computer every day, trying to find out what was going to happen next.

No comments:

Post a Comment