Saturday, August 14, 2010

204 and a Dog Named Patch


Daniel has been out in full force over the last week. Sebago Lake, Maine seems to be my place of catharsis, my zenith, my mecca of inspiration. Sitting on that porch on a balmy summer day is like a defibrillator for my creative heart. Dan and I got to 204 pages today. It's not a huge number, and I'm not half done, but it's a solid, good, three digit number that I always like to get to. At this point in a manuscript, there's just no turning back. Finish it, even if it sucks, because of the countless hours and backaches that went into the process.

Patch is sitting with me, my little writing assistant, always there to cuddle with me when I hit a road block or a particularly hard passage. He's never far away and I always know it... because his breath reeks to high heaven. Patch looks at me with those big, brown, wonderful eyes that are always saying, "Mom, I love you." I couldn't ask for a better four-legged companion as I take on my writing journey. For example, he's creeping in front of my face so I cant see the screen of my laptop. Let me tell you, his breath is PHEW! I need to get this dog some Greenies ASAP! Well, as Patch is always here for me, I always need to be here for him, and right now, he needs some lovin'.

No comments:

Post a Comment