Monday, March 29, 2010

An Introduction of Sorts

A lot of the time, I don't know whether I'm coming or going. With my head either in homework or in the sky, it's become hard to find a storyline and nail it down, make it concrete, keep it in my head. For a about six months after I finished the very rough draft of my fourth manuscript never to be published, it seemed very plausible to be that I would never overcome my writer's block. It seemed as deep and real as an ocean, which is why I chose to name this blog "Abyssopelagic". My phobias are encompassed in the ocean and the endlessness it represents. I wont even touch it without someone beside me to make sure I dont fall in. That's how I felt about the barricade in my mind. I just couldn't go it alone. Thanks to a persistent professor and a lot of dedicated peer reviewers, I managed to find Daniel Bellamy, a character who has become more real to me than touch or smell or taste. I think it's only fair to myself, Daniel, and the people who have encouraged us both into being, that there be some sort of link, a documentation to keep everyone as interested in Dan as I am. Please read this, and embark on this fantastically wild journey with me to the depths of the ocean. I can't go it alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment