Monday, July 26, 2010

Grenada or the Baltics: Daniel's on Vacation

It's okay to be unsure of things when you're writing. Life's a constant adventure on the keyboard, and thank goodness there's a backspace. No matter what you tell yourself as a writer, you're not in control once the inspiration hits and the character comes to life. It's all backseat driving from then on. Sadly, Daniel Bellamy has been taking a break somewhere in the back of my mind, possibly sunning himself on the beaches of Grenada or wind surfing in the Baltics. Either way, he isn't where he's supposed to be. It's not his fault, of course. I made him, breathed life into him, and it's my responsibility to make him work. My lack of motivation has pushed Dan far away from where he needs to be, and I desperately have to get him back. He's the downtrodden hero, the man behind the magic, and he's MIA. Get back into gear, Daniel! I cant go it alone, and neither can you.

No comments:

Post a Comment